Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Pastries

Truth be told the inspiration behind my newly found hobby has more to do with my upbringing than my mixer. My mum was a great baker, she didn't make anything fancy just perfect pastry every time and simple recipes mostly handed down from my grandmother. I used to look forward to coming home or visiting on the days my mum had baked to find butter tarts, almond cookies, ginger cake, scones and so much more. I have tried a few of my mum's recipes including the butter tarts and scones with great success. I have not yet been able to find her ginger cake recipe but I am still diligently searching for it.

Anyway here are butter tarts that I made using store bought pastry shells but the filling is all from scratch.
From Newbie Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment